Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Fairy Attendant in Sleeping Beauty

I found the snippet of the choreography I'll be part of on YouTube!

So, just imagine me as the second gal in the left hand row of purple dancers. I eventually will end up being in the dancer on the farthest left after we move to the back. I love these costumes. Since the group I'm in are the "Fairy Attendants" (or baby fairies depending on how you look at it) we get the little itty bitty nubby wings.

Later on, the Big Momma fairies come in. They've got the larger more grandiose wings (and the longer legs, the slimmer thighs, the better technique, etc. etc.)



I can say after just 1 rehearsal that forming a diagonal line while dancing backwards is really hard--even harder than marching band was. There's also the issue of running into folks while you're turning. So far, I'm not doing all that great in that department.

***

On an unrelated note, I think I start work tomorrow! Temperatures are above freezing now although I'm guessing they'll dip below tonight. I'm excited. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger stitchwitch said...

Way cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the ballet.

Hope your first day at work is going well.

Sandy

Thursday, January 18, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I'd love it if you came. :) You can point and laugh at me wearing a tutu

Monday, January 22, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

So when and where can we come see you in this!?!?!?!?!

Thursday, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home