Saturday, January 06, 2007

No Doubt: Rock Steady


I know, I know. Rock Steady ain't an obscure album and No Doubt is not an obscure band. Most people know who Gwen Stefani is and almost everyone can sing along to "Hella Good" word for word.

However, I can tell you that this is one of those albums I enjoy not necessarily because of the music itself, but more because of the memories associated with it. I'm sure everyone has a few songs or albums like that. For me, hearing "Hella Good" takes me back to the time I met Trent Reznor and the rest of Nine Inch Nails and needless to say, each and every detail of that day is imprinted in my mind.

This was during the 2005 With Teeth tour. A entourage of us obsessive fans were waiting in line, sitting on the hard concrete hours before the show passing the time by playing cards and obsessively checking the Spiral boards on various laptops to see if any announcement of a meet and greet had been made. As the crew was setting up the stage inside of the SBC Center in San Antonio, TX we could hear the throbbing beats of the house music. It was when "Hella Good" was blaring that one of the crew members came out and announced that we would have the opportunity to meet the man himself in a short while. After the concert while my husband and I drove back to hotel still in awe at the entire experience, "Rock Steady" was playing on a local college radio station. Hence, you can imagine why I have a soft spot in my heart for this album.

Listen to:
"Hella Good"
"Rock Steady"

Visit:
No Doubt's Official Website
Gwen Stephani's Site
Buy Rock Steady on Amazon

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to bookmark this site, just for your name, Ms. Bean. Also, I hope Pod #8 is still avail. I like harp and harpsichord. Adzukis are the little red-colored beans, aren't they?

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock Steady is actually a pretty good album.

Sunday, January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vitamin kid,
Indeed they are. Quite tasty in savory dishes as well, although they tend to be in sweets. It's what my mom calls me affectionately.

Sunday, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home