Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween


(Cannibal Pumpkin by one of my former students, Jonathan Williams)

Ah Halloween! The first time I distinctly remember ever getting indigestion was when I was 12 after a binge session with my honking bag of candy. I also used to be one of those kids who found immense joy categorizing the loot by type, then flavor or shape, brand, color, etc. Of course, I'd eat those pieces that didn't fit into any predefined category first...yeah, I was weird.

I am utterly impressed that Tim Young from Contrast Podcast managed to get CP #31 out on the 31st AND have it be a spooky theme. I had intended to get the next Adzuki Bean Stash Podcast out by today, but I'm having techical difficulties with the new version of EZArchive. I keep getting script errors when I try to create a link. Sniffle.

But never fear Tim and the rest of his MP3 bloggers with the CP crew are here to
rescue your ears! I'm very happy that Voltaire is in the mix.



Please do check it out:

CP31: Music to watch ghouls by

Thanks to Fil from Pogoagogo for the theme. The intro alone makes it worthwhile and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Robert Smith and Elizabeth Taylor look a little too much like each other these days.

Some songs to get you in the mood:
"When You're Evil" Voltaire
"Devil and My Family" Ghost Mice
"Ghost" Machine Made Pleasure

Happy Halloween everybody!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween!

I thought that cannible pumpkin looked sort of like Luci De Mentia at first.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you look at Lucid Dementia's website there is a pic of a pumpkin carved like Luci. It was also in the flier for the past show.

Did you eat a lot of candy?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy! Glad you enjoyed the silly spooookiness. I had hoped the seasonal theme would tempt you to contribute again, but alas...

*FiL clutches a black rose to his arsenic-powdered face and swoons dramatically while Lisa Gerrard wails mournfully in the background*

Thursday, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty hot, FIL. :)

Thursday, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy?! I don't recall - oh yes, I do. No I didn't eat much candy since I just went home early and went to sleep somewhere between 7 and 8 pm. I was not feeling well that day...

Friday, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home