Monday, June 05, 2006

Extreme Stomach Ache

I've had indigestion for close to 2 days now (and it isn't because of this rediculous ring on Ebay that just won't go away. I swear...check out the starting bid.)

Anyhow, it's the sharp pain right underneath my rib cage in the middle of my stomach: Crampy, sorta gasy (but with no gas...er yeah, TMI), always there. I've had this feeling before back when I was in 10th grade right after halloween when I got in a fight with my boyfriend. He called me immature because I cried after an asshole ripped up one of the banners I painted for the school so he could extract the school logo.

Now, if someone ripped up your artwork wouldn't you be pissed? These days I'll attribute it to the fact that my X couldn't draw or paint worth shit (and that he was destined to marry a minor), so he couldn't possibly understand. But, I digress. For those stomach pains my doctor gave me anti-ulcer medication. Seems like over kill, but damn, I felt great.

I'm yearning for those pills now especially since the admin. associate in my department joked that I probably was getting an ulcer from my boss after she saw me doubled over at my desk. It's an ulcer. I read it on Web MD.... Maybe you should ask him to fire you. That's probably meant to be a joke, but with her, you just never know. She seems to hate everyone. LOL. Besides, I doubt there is severance for a state job and I also don't want any of my vacation hours to go to waste. I'm eyeing my 118 hours of accumulated sick leave, 210 hours of vacation, 16 hours of "floating holiday" and keep asking myself why the hell am I at work today? I think it is because I'm worried the flu or bronchitis is going to hit me eventually and I won't have enough hours.

Anyway, I'm rambling and stomach still freaking hurts. Ugh. Stupid cheesecake. That's when this all started. I know. I know. Asian people are supposed to be lactose intolerant, but I haven't had that many problems in the past. Maybe I had too many milk products at one time? That could very well be it. Let me share with you the devine pasta I cooked up yesterday for lunch. Measurements are approximate since I don't really measure:

1/4 cup of butter
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of grated parmesean
1 tbs of fresh parsley chopped
2 tbs of fresh basil julianned
1/4 cup of sliced sun dried tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces(I shreaded the boobs off of a HEB rotisserie chicken)
Enough pasta for 4 (I used spaghetti)

Boil water for pasta. When the pasta is almost done cooking, combine butter and heavy cream in a sauce pan. Cook on low heat until butter melts whisking constantly. When completely melted, add grated parmesean and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add chicken and sundried tomates and mix gently. Turn off heat and add fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Serve on top of cooked pasta.

It was devine, let me tell ya. Two hours later, I ate a slice of cheese cake and all hell broke loose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home