Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Contrast Podcast #9



Tim Young from the Face of Today already has CP#9 up with the theme of "local" which was submitted by the effervescent mp3 blogger Bethanne from Clever Titles are So Last Summer. Keep in mind, Tim gets contributors from all over the world, so even though the theme is local, you'll hear music from far and away as well, not to mention some attractive foreign accents during the intros as well. Oy! Marcos and Colin...*swoon.* :)

Get it:
Contrast Podcast #9: Local

So far, the contribution by Simon from the blog You Can Call me Betty entitled "Spirit Fingers" by the band Fourtet is my favorite on the set. There's plenty of great music from all wide variety of genres and I'm sure you'll find something you like and something new on there.

I was lucky enough to contribute to this podcast and I had to admit it was a really tough choice which group I should pick. Salim Nourallah, Schrodinger's Cat, Asylum Streem Spankers, PONG, Alpha Consipracy, Das Mobius, ...these were all on my possibles list.

I ended up choosing Numeralia because at the time I was tending to my little baby fig tree (there are 5 figs on it!) and noticed all the wild flowers cropping up in the backyard. There's also a batch of tall sunflowers growing near the church that I pass by everyday on my way home from work. Somehow, picking "Sunflower" just seemed perfect. The lyrics are based off of a Blake poem that I've loved since I was kid, so this song is close to my heart. How's that for mush?

Ah! Sunflower by William Blake

Ah! sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun,
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the traveller’s journey is done;

Where the youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves and aspire;
Where my sunflower wishes to go.



(photo from Texas A&M University)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,

Glad you enjoyed this one. It's a nice theme! Colin and Marcos are going to be all coy and shy now you said that! :)

Tim

Wednesday, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Cute.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Thursday, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home