Sunday, June 04, 2006

Type O Negative: The Least Worst Of


Have you ever wandered around a music store and purchased a CD/Album based off of the title alone? How often do you actually hit gold?

For me, Type O Negative is one of those instances. I figured with the album title they'd at least have a sense of humor and indeed, the first track entitled "The Misinterpretation of Silence and Its Disastrous Consequences" is a great example... The second track is really loud, so there you go. Undeniably this is a good album especially for a curious listener wanting a cross section of their cataloge.

The sound is big and dark with a style veering towards death metal. Goth rock. Yep, it sure is. Lead singer Peter Steele has a booming bass voice that blends nicely with the group, but unlike death metal, you can understand his lyrics. Unfortunately, I've never seen them live (my buddy Chad swears they're terrible in concert, but that's just one skinny goth's opinion).

An amusing Type O Negative nugget (taken from Wikkipedia):

In 1995, Steele posed nude for Playgirl magazine. He later claimed regret for doing so after discovering that only 23% of Playgirl subscribers are female.

Well, I'm sure plenty of men were happy especially since Mr. Steele stands 6'6'' in height.

Listen to:
"Everyone I Love is Dead"
"Cinnamon Girl (Depressed Mode Remix)" (Neil Young cover)

Visit:
Type O Negative's Official Website
Myspace Profile


(image from wikkipedia)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder where I can get some testosterone pills to make my voice sound like the dude from Type O Negative.

Monday, June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet if you drink a bunch of vodka that would work too.

Monday, June 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home