Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bobby McFerrin: Circlesongs

I love Bobby McFerrin. If the only song you know of done by him is "Don't Worry Be Happy" ...a pox on you!

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. In fact, I had this album in my bag so I could listen to on the bus while on the way down to work. Hence, I was surpised to see that Eric from the blog Marathonpacks contributed track 6 from this CD on the last Contrast Podcast (for the record, this song is 7 mintues 50 seconds long, so darn close to 8 mintues). If you liked Toby Twining's Shaman then you'll love Circlesongs

All 8 tracks are vocal jam sessions with an acapella ensemble of 12 singers led by Bobby. You really hear his full range on these recording. Tribal, earthy, rich and hypnotic is how I'd describe the sound.

Listen to:
"Circlesong 1"
"Circlesong 8"

Visit:
Bobby McFerrin's Official Website

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ssssssh! I didn't think anyone would notice that not one, but two of the seven songs in CP8 are actually less than 8 minutes!!! Glad you are still listening and contributing Cindy. Tim

Wednesday, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home