Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Will Taylor and Strings Attached



This ain't no cover band (someone recently described them as such and I was about ready to smack them)! You all have heard me go on and on before about the virtues of Will Taylor and Strings Attached, beloved Austin based ensemble who collaborates with a barrage of musicians-- many I consider to be among best song writers in the world (ex. Ruthie Foster, Abra Moore, Shawn Colvin etc.) and they're gonna be doing another awesome show pretty soon. If you're in Austin, and haven't had a Strings Attached experience yet, now's the time.

The last concert I attended featuring the Beatles White Album was immensely entertaining and probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. Not only were their interpretations fabulous the entire venue (which was a church by the way) was just filled with this indescribable energy that I normally don't observe in other concerts. Granted, you can't go wrong with the Beatles, but these guys just did such a damn good job. People were up on their feet singing along dancing all over the place and having a grand ole time. I expect no less for this upcoming 40th anniversary ode to another Beatles classic Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. People are also encouraged to come dressed up in 1967-esque garb to add to the ambiance.

Upcoming Shows:
May 25th @ 7:00pm and 10:00pm- St. David's Episcopal Church (Austin, TX)
May 27th @ 8:00pm - Nutty Brown Cafe (Austin, TX)

BTW performances inspired by Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell and Peter Gabriel with be forth coming, so watch out for those.

Watch:
The video gives a run down of who all is performing.


Visit:
Will Taylor and Strings Attached Official Website
Strings Attached Myspace Page
Buy Tickets
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band entry on Wikipedia

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun experience. You're going, I presume? Of course, I'm away in Kansas. I didn't realize Sgt. Pepper is 40 years old this year until you mentioned it. It's still one of the best albums ever made.

Friday, May 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the White Album better, actually. Yes, I'm going to do my best to find a way to go.

Sunday, May 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home