Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Cards

I don't normally send out Christmas Cards except to those who I haven't seen in ages or who live far away, however with the barrage of mail we've getting getting lately, this overwheliming sense of guilt has kicked in and I did send out a small pile this morning. Sure, Summer and Roger live a block away but I don't want them to think I'm not thinking of them!

What to include? While long synopsis of the past year can be interesting, they just don't feel particularly personable. I also think the general public will not care that we got our kitty declawed (cute pic here) or that my friend threw up on a security guard at the last NIN concert.

I had this idea of cutting old christmas cards, rearranging the images and drawing around them to make a new card. Certain people thought that would be in bad taste and wrinkled their nose at the idea of a homemade card. I share this same annoyance with Sammi--Why do people seem to think purchased gifts are somehow valuable? Besides, wouldn't it be cool to get a card with Jesus and Snoopy sitting on Santa's lap? I kid of course.

So instead of making cards, I set up the self timer on camera and jumped on the Holiday Family Photo bandwagon. I refuse to let Sears take pictures of me. I can do that myself, thank you very much, and thank God for Adobe photoshop and HP photo paper. With that said, it was a bit ambitious to try to get all 3 cats into the pic. Close to impossible, but Hippo at least played along.



On a tangential note, I sent off that pic of Jay and I to my mentor Nancy Lamm who is the graduate student coordinator in the math department. She's the person who really holds the department together and I absolutely love her to death. Anyway, she got a great kick out of the picture. She replied with the note:

I love it!!! I printed off the picture of you and Jay - it will be on the board in my office for YEARS to come!

Hee hee. I'd say it s a good thing that we've been immortalized in the math department.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

what do you mean Ai yo, eh?
Hey, when are you going down to Austin for Christmas?

Monday, December 18, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

that's a great pic. and i know it's been too long since i've seen you when your hair is twice as long as when we last got together. :(

have time for lunch thursday? or friday?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

I bet I can make time---either that or a coffee break...I've been really busy trying to get things settled before leaving. And, there was an emergency with grade processing that happened today. Send Sandy thoughts of calmness. :(

Tuesday, December 19, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

I forgot to add that everytime I see *you*, your hair is twice as long! And that's like a couple of weeks or something at times....reminds me, I need to get a trim.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

funny. yeah, my hair's short though. i just got it cut a couple of weeks ago...you're probably going to say it looks long again. :)

can you do lunch or coffee anytime friday? i'm free all day until 5 pm, so if you're available any time that day, i'd love to see you.

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Well, I won't be on campus on Friday because it's a staff holiday! I'll be at home...sleeping. Actually, my friend Carlos is visiting from Boston, but it would be kinda nice to all meet up together. Call me at home or I can try calling your cell and see if we can meet up!

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

will do. :)

Thursday, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Summer said...

Thanks for thinking of us. We loved the photo!

-Summer and Roger

Monday, December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home