Sunday, November 12, 2006

My weekend in pictures

I wish I could have gone to Washington DC with my hubby this weekend (he's doing a poster session for work) but considering I wasn't able to get the week off for Thanksgiving, I was not the least bit hopeful I could get time off on even more of a short notice. The crazy thing is that as of now, I have over 300 hrs of vacation accumulated, but I can't use any of it. Arrrrgh!

I did however do plenty this weekend.

First off all, I was craving sugar cookies. So, I baked up a batch and made some peppermint flavoured icing to go with them. I did some detail work in melted dark chocolate. Yum Yum.

I want to send some of these to an ex-student of mine who is stationed in Iraq at the moment, but his army address changes weekly it seems and as he put it: You can try to send anything, but no telling if it'll go through customs... Sigh.



Molly my cat posed for me a bit. She hasn't been feeling all that great due to sore teeth. However, giving her more canned food seems to lift her spirits. She looks so cute bathed in sunlight:


Caught up a bit with my best buddy, Shawn. I swear all of my good friends who understand me best live hundreds of miles away from me. He's going through down times as well, but I think that mainly has to do with graduate school.

The current cool thing going on is that he got a kick ass computer and apparently it comes with a web cam (not to mention tons of awesome multi media software. Shawn is the band Das Mobius, by the way). He sent me this Warhol-eque pic of him:


The would be a neat album cover. Too bad Warhol has been done a gazillon times.

I did a photoshoot on my friend Mark of Desert Waltz this weekend. He needed photos because he's trying out for Duran Duran. He'll be a good fit, but like ballet and female dancers, guitarists are a dime a dozen. If he gets the spot, I'm going to unabashedly beg for backstage passes and front row seats.





Here's my beautiful imperial topaz I finished cutting that I'm now thinking of setting. I want a ring (I seem to only like rings...) but I can't make up my mind on what style to get. And yes, JBro, I'm addicted to Jewelry Television and the style channel now. I can just see myself in 40 years with big hair, opera length pearls and gawdy rings on every finger as I'm smoking a clove from a long cigarette holder. I'm headed that way, I'm sure!

2 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I'm not 100% into his style, but I have watched the show. I only like the parts where he draws. He's really good at sketches.
I think I'm more addicted to the "Whose wedding is it anyway?" show. Too bad project runway doesn't air on the Style Channel.

Monday, November 13, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

I think it's healthy to use up sick days just cause. I mean seriously, they're there for you to use. I guess the only issue in your case is that you don't get paid of you dont' work right? Are you still on contract. I forget.

Monday, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home