Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm usually not too entertained by politics...

...unlike my husband who says up all night looking at maps to see which states turn blue and which ones turn red. No, I did not vote for Kinky either. I voted for Bell.

But, that isn't the point of this post. I should also point out that I am blatantly biased.

The point of this post is to say that for once, there was a bit of political "news" that caused me to laugh so hysterically that I sprayed my drink all over the television set. I wasn't watching the Daily Show nor was this another Bush-ism (they're staring to get old anyway).

No, last night's piece of political entertainment came from the local news:

Rick Green punched Patrick Rose.
(Statesman Article here)



Yep, he socked him right in the face. :( But oh, is this so much more juicier than Fed-X and Brittany.

Now, if you saw that PBS documentary called Last Man Standing about the TX Legislature and the 2002 race between scrappy but uber-optimistic Patrick Rose (D) and seasoned incumbent Rick Green (R), you know Green had more than a chip on his shoulder after losing to the 23 year old. That's right, Rose was only 23 when he began his campaign. This is the kiddo who raised some of his money through auctioning home-baked pies from his supporters. Grass roots indeed. And although that may not have been professional in the eyes of some, it was sincere and left more of a positive image in my mind than all the fundamentalist spewage that came out of Green.

If you haven't seen the doc, I highly recommend it.

Anyhow, 4 years later, Green decides to punch Rose in the face after getting incensed about seeing his face superimposed over this year's Republican nominee Jim Neuhaus' body on a Rose flier. I understand the irritation, but seriously, for a political ad, that's tepid. Besides, Neuhaus has a fine ass and Green is looker himself, so what is he complaining about? There you go, viola...sexy Republican.

Seriously though, how is punching Rose remotely Christian? Any sort of negative feelings I had towards Green have pretty much been validated.

1 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

For some of the candiates I voted libertarian. Williamson county did not get any interesting proposition and yet we're effected by most of the Travis county ones. It's irritating. I mean, I wanna vote on a new library darn it!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home