Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Benny Benassi: Hypnotica


Bring on the smut, I say.

He's sexy, trashy, trance-y ...and just plain addictive. I have no idea why, but I can't put this album down. One whole calendar year and the album Hypnotica by DJ Benny Benassi has been on high rotation non stop. According to my itunes ranker and Pandora, my favorite song is "Satisfaction." The throbbing beats are repetitive, the lyrics odd at best and robotic vocals are kind of creepy, and yet, I can't get enough of it.

Who's to say that house music is supposed to be profound anyway? When you think about it, this stuff is supposed to be played at high volumes in a crowded dance club: loud pounding beats even a rhythmless white boy can follow, sweaty bodies bumping into each other, friends screaming into each other's ears trying to carry on vapid conversation, and tons of alcohol pouring to and fro. This is the perfect album for that. You have to give kudos to his videos too which are just as over the top. *I* get turned on by power tools now...and I'm a girl!

Listen to:
"I love My Sex"
"No Matter What You Do"

Watch:
"Satisfaction" (smutty 2nd version)


"Satisfaction" (original version)


"No Matter What You Do" (one of my most favorite music videos of all time)



Visit:
DJ Benny Benassi's Official Website
Benny Benassi's Myspace
Buy Hypnotica at Amazon

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. This is cool. In fact, I stumbeled on this band last summer. Did I mention them to you? I don't remember, but I'm guessing not.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that it's really a "band" - but you know what I mean, don't you?!

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I told you about them, if I recall correctly. I distinctly remember sending you some videos of theirs and you saying how the music went along with something else you were listening to the time (David Bowie?)

I know I learned about these guys through Pandora radio and my brother.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right! I feel stupid now...

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's definitely something addictive about benny. i'm thinking of the song "love is gonna save us" in particular. looking forward to hearing these, too.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a good memory by the way. I wish I had that.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marcy!
"Love is gonna save us" is a great song too. I do like stuff on the Benassi Bros. CD but for some reason the robotic voice on this album really adds to the songs.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay Shawn. Sometimes I hate how sharp my memory is. It makes it hard for me to get over bad events or mean things that people say.

Thursday, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Und now is the time on Schprockets ven ve dahnce!"

That's what it makes me think of.

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Yeah, it does have that abstract Modern German Art feel to it doesn't it?

Monday, October 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home