Sunday, October 21, 2007

Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me

So I've been listening to the new Marilyn Manson album, "Eat Me, Drink me" (EMDM) for some time now. While it's not a nutrition-themed album like I thought, it does represent a different direction, and very good one at that. As Manson said in an interview I read somewhere (which I can't seem to find for some reason), EMDM is a personal, introspective album about the heartbreaks and issues Manson's recently faced and dealt with. All of the songs were written by Brian Warner (a.k.a 'Marilyn Manson') and Tim Skold (a.k.a. 'that guy from KMFDM'). I read an interview (I don't remember where) in which Manson said that the songs, musically, were pretty much developed from unfinished music Tim Skold was working on.

Yet, EMDM sounds like a Marilyn Manson album rather than a KMFDM album (thank God!) and oh yes, it does kick ass! It has my stamp of approval. It's hard to pick a favorite track on an album this good, but the songs that seem stick with me the most are "The Red Carpet Grave" and "You and Me and the Devil Makes Three."

Sorry for the lateness, and short nature of this review, by the way. I've been very busy.

Oh, Happy Halloween!

Listen to:
"You and Me and the Devil Makes Three"
"The Red Carpet Grave"


Visit:
Marilyn Manson's website (scary!)
Marilyn Manson's myspace (listen to some tracks here!)
Buy Eat Me Drink Me at amazon dot com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in time for Halloween! I haven't bought my copy yet. I've been reading mixed reviews on this CD, but I do like the songs you posted. Gosh, I don't even know who is part of the line up anymore...is John5 still with them?

Monday, October 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope Tim Skold replaced John5, as well as the rest of the band from my understanding. I imagine that at least Pogo is playing keyboards for the tour. I haven't done my research on who the touring musicians are.

Yes, the album is getting lots of bad reviews. Obviously, I cannot agree with them. This really is an excellent album.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home