Monday, September 03, 2007

Munchie Mondays: Spiral Pasta with Spinach and Sundried Tomato Alfredo Sauce



This dish is a staple in the Cindy household and I've cooked it for the majority of my friends at one point or another. It's easy, super rich, filling and quick to make. You can add any sort of vegetable you want really. Artichoke hearts, yellow squash, basil, asparagus, fresh tomato and thinly sliced carrots all work well with this sauce.

Spiral Pasta with Spinach and Sun dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
feeds roughly 2

Two servings of pasta (spiral or shell shapes are best as they hold more sauce)

4 cups of baby spinach
1/3 cup of finely chopped sun dried tomato
1/4 cup of butter
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of pecans
1/4 of feta

salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, stick butter and cream in a heavy pan. On low heat, whisk the melting butter and cream so that it is thoroughly mixed. You're essentially making an Alfredo sauce (and feel free to adjust cream and butter proportions according to your tastes). However, before adding parmesan, add the baby spinach and sun dried tomato and stir gently until the spinach is wilted.



Once spinach is wilted, turn off heat and immediately add the grated cheese. Stir until well incorporated. The sauce should start to thicken as the cheese melts into the cream and butter mixture.

Divided cooked pasta onto two plates and top with sauce mixture. Garnish with pecans and feta. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Viola! You're done.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sammi said...

mmmmm lunch at Cindy's ... yom :D

Monday, September 03, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Thank ya. I get offended when people seem surprised that I can and like to cook. Crazy...don't they know that Cindy=Food?

Tuesday, September 04, 2007  
Blogger kokopelliwoman said...

Great dish--I'll have to remember that. And you must love pecans like I do. I'll put them in anything. My Papaw planted a pecan tree in his backyard the year I was born. When my mom finally sold the house 10 yrs. ago, the tree was 2' thick and about 30' high. Sigh! Not only am I getting to be the age of some antiques, trees my age are ginormous :(

Oh, are you familiar with Slowdog's food blog? Check it out. He works in the computer lab in GSB.

Monday, September 10, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

No, I need to check out his blog!

Monday, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home