Tuesday, July 17, 2007

left feet

So um, I hurt my foot.
Actually, it's been hurting for a long time, in fact, well before my party which was last month. I suspect I injured it at home while practicing turns without wearing shoes. The problem is that I was so stressed out with party planning, work and mom related stuff that I just kept ignoring it. Since the season was over, I didn't dance much at all until summer classes started back up last week. Oy, that was painful.

I'm really bummed.

This is kinda bad timing too. My doctor changed offices and I have to do a lot of walking back and forth across campus due to having 2 locations now. Mom's also moving up here so I'll be helping her pack and haul things up to the house. Mostly, I'm just depressed about not being able to dance.

And thanks to the lovely stomach flu, my weight is down into the double digits. My ballet teacher exclaimed how trim I looked yesterday during class. Heh.

I can't be vain though. That's all water weight. Don't worry, I'm noshing on chicken curry right now with Thai tea to drink and had a huge brownie for my breakfast. :)

The weirdest thing about my foot injury is that is doesn't hurt when I'm on full pointe and I think that has to do with the hard shoe holding all the tendons together. When I'm in soft shoes standing on demi pointe and my toes spread apart, that's when it hurts. It really hurts when I turn on my left foot which is why i think a tore a ligament or something. There's a lot of tenderness in the ball of my left foot in general. The outer section of my big toe also hurts of you poke it ("Then don't poke it!" says the darlin hubby). I suspect the podiatrist is going tell me to stay off of it and do an ice massage.

Just bought a dress for Tracy's wedding on Friday. It's a cute halter style with large navy print.

As a side note, I've got weird issues with my upper arms, but as you can tell, I'm slowly getting over it. You sort of have to get over your body image issues when you spend time dancing with a bunch of super skinny buff teeny boppers in nothing but a leotard and tights in front of a large mirror. A nice benefit of ballet though is that you learn how to showcase your body in such a way to make it appear long and lean. Even the slightest angle change makes all the difference in the world. You learn the art of "line presentation" and after a while when have worked you ass off, you eventually become long and lean not just in the classroom but through all of your waking life. This is why you can recognize dancers walking down the street. It isn't necessarily their size. It's the way they carry themselves. I remember this one time when I saw one of my ballet teachers David Justin zipping by on a motorcycle. Sure, he looked hot an all (I will admit to that) but what caught my eye was his ramrod straight back. I just *knew* it had to be a dancer on that Harley as weird as it seemed and when I realized it was him, it made perfect sense.

If you wanna know why I have issues with me arms, it's because they're kinda big for my size. In fact the circumference is larger than my husband's by 2 inches. I have no idea why God gave me big soft upper arms, but he did and that's okay. Where am I going with this? Oh that's right, the wedding. I know Tracy isn't like this at all, but I did have a bride ask her guests to "please hide any arm flab and back fat with an appropriately colored shawl" ages ago. Yes, the word bridezilla is quite useful and after buying my dress I was immediately reminded of that request.

Anyway, the dress matches these adorable wedges with ribbon straps I got a few weeks ago, but with my foot injury I think I'm going to have to go the quirky route and wear a pair of boots especially since I plan on taking pics for her. It's funny, people seem to associate me with my boots, especially at work, so I guess it's somewhat expected (hrrmmm I sense a new blog topic coming).

So, I've got the dress taken care of. Gift and food I've got covered... but no date! T has to work Friday morning. It feels weird going to a wedding alone, actually but at least I'll have the camera with me so I'll have something to do aside from trying not to look lonesome. Furthermore, my friend/co-worker Darcy is going to give me a ride up there and she's doesn't have a date either, so I can just cling to her for dear life...kidding!

Jay says he promises to stand next to me at least twice (gee, thanks). I have a feeling he's going to be doing a lot "standing" considering he'll be the only single guys there.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger heavy metal mom said...

I can't believe that bride request, but then again I've heard that some people can be demanding...geez. At least Tracy didn't put any arm circumference limits - your arms look fine. In fact, I think you look spectacular!!! I am beginning to understand why one of my friends didn't know who to ask to be bridesmaids...she must have been cut from the same cloth as your aforementioned friend. All her friends were available, but maybe not what she'd pictured. Whatevs.

I hope you have a great time - the dress is awesome!!! I'm sure Jay will hang around you more than just for a minute, too.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Mentok said...

Hope your foot starts feeling better. I likewise can't ballet dance on the advice of my doctor. Well, actually, he's more my psychiatrist. Says I look crazy walking down the street in a tutu. Anyway, I've got a note that says I shouldn't do it and that's what counts ;-)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Sorry to hear about your foot, but at least that stomach flu is gone. I hadn't noticed that you had "big arms." I think you're just imagining things. They look totally normal to me.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

It's a smaller world than you know... I am the other C that Sammi knows - we knit on Mondays. :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog - and I hope your foot feels better!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Well hello again Cindylou. Very small world indeed! Yes, foot is feeling better. I've been icing it.

Mentok, I am curious what you'd look like in a pink tutu. Did the doc make exceptions for Halloween and costume parties?

Shawn, you're a guy, so you're not gonna look at a gals' arms.

Monnie, yes, Tracy is the voice of reason. I knew a bride who asked her sister to dye her hair back blonde because she thought the gothy black would clash with the other gals. I suspect Jay'll be a gentleman and spend equal time with each of the dateless gals because he's a nice southern boy. :)

Thursday, July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home