Sunday, July 15, 2007

lampwork bead and byzantine chain bracelet

One of my favorite beads I forged a while ago was done with copper green, dark ivory, and ink blue with clear Murano glass encasing silver foil. The heat reaction yielded some nice bright red and brown streaking.



I was thinking of making a pendant out of this bead but decided on bookending it with a byzantine chain work (something I've been doing more of lately). The clasp features another one of my lampwork beads, a small copper green round with ink blue frit, and a Swarovski crystal heart.



This weighs the bracelet so that the focal bead is always facing up. It's actually quite comfortable to wear and is a useful design idea for any of your large flat beads.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home