Thursday, July 05, 2007

amongst furry rodents

Yes, it's another Jay post. Just fucking live with it.

Anyhow, I discovered something somewhat amusing (turned mildly disturbing) in my inbox today. I have an account on this photo hosting/sharing site called Flickr and with it you can browse other people pictures and tag "favorites." The system administrator has it set up so that the owner of the photos gets a nice email message every time someone favorites a pic and who the user is. You can imagine my interest was piqued when I noticed that a particular person had favorited a whole slew of images.

Ah ha! A kitten lover I thought to myself.

I clicked on her favorites profile:
Be Very Afraid
That right.
















gerbil gerbil gerbil gerbil gerbil
mouse mouse hamster mice mice
Jay Jay! Jay? JAY?! JAY???(WTF?)
gerbil mouse hamster bunny bunny
bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny...

Eh? I'll admit to being a little mortified. I mean, I've had people favorite my face before...you get over that creep factor pretty quickly. As long as dude or dudette doesn't have your contact info, it's okay. Thing is, with my face I'm usually in the favorites files with other Asian chicks, barely legal looking gals, goths, ballerinas, etc. I'm not amongst animals that share bloodlines with rats.

I finally located an image of said user. It sure didn't look like his mom. I started panicking. Did Ms. Leather Tits have an alter ego? Was this a crazy ex stalking my friend? More importantly, why is Jay mixed up amongst rodents?

I calmly emailed said user and asked if she happened to know my friend since I noticed that she picked through ALL my pictures and favorited every single one containing him (dodging what I really wanted to ask: Is he also one of your pets?)

She kindly responded with: Oh no, I thought he was cute. that was all. lol

So she means to say out of the couple million photos of Flickr, she happens to think that my friend Jay is cute enough to procure an esteemed spot with the bunnies, gerbils, mice, rainbows and flowers and whatever the hell she has in her pile.

If that isn't a form of flattery, I don't know what is. I bet he'd say I put her up to it or any other freaking statement that dodges the fact that he has got an attractive face. Oy. Average my ass.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger heavy metal mom said...

Oh.My.GAWD!!!!! Freaky- If you look at her profile then pics, you can see her - she's what, maybe 18?
and obsessed with cats, mice, bunnies and hamsters. She might be 12. I'm not sure.

amongst furry rodents is funny - I don't believe he belongs there. Suffice to tell him that a random person on the internet told you that he was very cute. No harm done.

Have you talked to him since Sat./Sun. early?

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

No not yet. I'm trying to decide if I'm worthy of eye contact at this moment.

Apparently at one point in the night, Cassandra asked really loudly "So which guy is Cindy trying to fix Kate up with?" to Travis and Jay was standing right next him.

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

On Jay's behalf, I'm going to vomit.

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

It looks like she's added more rodents to the bag....god how strange! What does this mean? Does Jay look like a bunny? A rat? He's mousy?

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I just told him.
I get this feeling dread that he's not gonna want to speak to me by the end of the week (*runs away and cries*)

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

kate and me will be wed in the luxury of our local JOP. fo-get him.

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I don't think there was any chemistry between Jay and Kate anyway, so you go right ahead and marry her, bro. LOL

Although from the ample pics of them together you'd think otherwise. Apparently T was hopeful too, so he'd snap pics whenever they were within a few feet of each other.

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

eeek. rodents!!!!!!!

"one of these things is not like the others....
one of these things is not the same" -Sesame Street

Friday, July 06, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Heh. Trav sang the same thing...
He's still in there amongst all the other furry things.

Jay, I know you hate being the center of attention, but if you ever see this. Shave. Please.

Because you're too gorgeous to be amongst a bunch of rodents.

Friday, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home