Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Giant Blackberry

I get treated really well over at my contract office, I must say. Today was kinda weird. They told me to just walk in on their staff meeting to pick up my new machine. In fact, I was waiting in the front office and the gal just gleefully told me to go into their conference area insisting that they were expecting me...and well, I walked in on a meeting. Heh. Karen, the financial lead asked me to join. Um, Okay... Tea and crumpets? Sure, why not?

Granted, I'm still family, but all I had to do was show up with bright red friction burned shoulders once and whine about the 16lbs lap top a couple of times and suddenly, the thoughtful initial luggage rack order was immediately replaced with a very thoughtful beautiful little itty bitty teeny weeny two pound 11 inch monitor Sony VAIO laptop. A Cindy sized laptop! I just didn't expect to get it within days of them noticing the old machine was a wee bit heavy for me to lug around.

It's so tiny, it's cute. Either that or one can think of it as an enormous blackberry with more computing power. It's got this index finger swiper thinggie too...unfortunately this model doesn't have a web cam. If it did, I'd stream some of the more bizarre and comical meetings I have at the UTLC for entertainment's sake.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice. lol...and my company gave me an old dell that ways a million pounds and has fuzzy screen quality...and i work for NEC...who lay claim to the 'best' notebooks in japan.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

OMG. Spam. I haven't gotten spam in ages....WTF?
Dude, my page has got plenty of pictures and pictures of people I care about too. I'm a fucking CSS princess. Don't need no freaking widget. Hmph!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! See how you are - very much loved.

...and - geez. what in the world is that!!
Hey buddy!!! You need widgets!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Sammi said...

Woooooo geektoy!! freakin' awesome :D

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Yeah, I've seen those little tiny laptops. They're small and cute, a nice fit for you!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home