Sunday, July 29, 2007

Before the in-laws get here










So my father in law and T's step mom are coming in this afternoon. T's sweeping. I cleaned the toilets and put things away, but just can't seem to keep my hands off of the new little-itty-bitty lap top. That's what the pics are about.

I have no idea what we're gonna do when Bill and Anna get here. T's mom is really laid back. Vacationing with her kids means doing regular day to day things with them--grocery shopping, watching TV, hanging out at home and reading, listening to music.

T's dad, on the other hand wants to go Polka dancing. Where are we gonna go polka dancing????

For the record, I've gone polka dancing with my father-in-law three times. Yes, three times I've been pelted with god awful German um-pah music swirling in circles trying to keep my head straight and attempting to stay charming after copious amounts of beer. Bill's a sweet drunk and all, but we can't go polka dancing and hang out at pubs every night!

Bill is really similar to my dad. Highly intelligent, but a bit aloof. He never really opened up to his children as they grew up. Ask my husband what his father likes to eat, the response is: "I dunno....Food?"

After all these years, I do know that Bill like homemade blue cheese dressing (which T's momma sent me the recipe for when she heard they were coming down to visit), Manhattans with no ice (that's whiskey with a touch of vermouth), real butter and anything German. I guess cause he is German and so is Anna, but surely you'd think they'd maybe like to try out a Thai restaurant or something (T's shaking his head no right about now).

Sigh.

I think we're gonna go to Fredricksburg for a day trip and then head out to Schlitterbahn water park in New Bruanfels if it isn't raining too much, check out the Wurst Band one night at Scholz Bier Garten...maybe sing "Deutchland Ist" around a campfire while we're at it.


Ich muß Deutsches jetzt sprechen. Die würde die höfliche Sache sein, zum zu tun. Möglicherweise essen sie fajitas. Sie ist nicht deutsch, aber es ist gutes Tex Mex cuisine.

Scheiße.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

i can't tell if the laptop is small or the kitty is big!

need.better.visuals. ;)

fredericksburg is a great option for all things german. hope it goes well. we'll have to hang out when you're done hosting.

Sunday, July 29, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Indeed. I miss you. *hugs*
And um, you still need to get your tupperware back. I think I'll bake you Anise cookies since the Lemon ones have since been devoured.

We're probably going to go to Fredericksburg.

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

have fun polka danceing.

lily allen vs amy winehouse.

let us discuss.

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Amy Winehouse has the better voice. Lilly Allen has the cuter wardrobe.
Winehouse=hot
Allen=cute

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

I got a visual of you drinking a big pint of beer and singing in German - very cute.

Grab some Colorado peaches while you're in Fredericksburg- they're all out of local ones!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Hey Cindy,

I heard from someone who had just returned from a trip to Germany that the Germans were abolishing the "esset" and would in it's place just use "ss." However, I can't find anything to corroborate this after googling for a few minutes.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I think they've been trying to get rid of the esset for years, Shawn. Back in highschool there was discussion of this. Unfortunately, that would mean that some words would have 3 s's in a row which would seem strange...
I'm drinking the Riesling from Germany that I got as a gift from Jay at the moment, Monni. The cherry wine you gave me was consumed rather quickly, so I don't have that to fall back on. :( I really could use some of your 200 proof homemade peach wine right about now....

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home