Thursday, May 24, 2007

Aches, pains, urges and duties

I wish I knew symptoms better. :(

So, this morning I broke out into hives right after I checked my email. I've got itchy spots all over my face and a big patch on my nose. Not cool. Oddly, my email was really bland, so I don't think it was that written content that caused it. I am curious though if it is related to my joint pain somehow.

I woke up at 4:30 am with a lot of soreness in my hips and ankles and they still feel uncomfortable. My wrists and finger joints hurt too.I haven't been dancing or doing any high impact exercise lately, so I don't know what it going on. I did stretch a little last night, but nothing more than I usually do. I've also got really bad tummy cramps that comes in waves.

I tend to attribute everything to PMS, but I'm not sure if that is what it is. Could be the weather, maybe? I have been eating a lot of meat these past two weeks. Could it be due to that? I'm babbling of course...

In other news, check out this amazing video of a Chinese Ballet/Acrobatic dance troupe performing to "Butterfly Lovers" It's like Cirque du Soleil en pointe:



Seeing all that makes my groins hurt. Ouch.

I feel like popping by and visiting Beth, Jay and Lisa at the UTLC today but I have a sneaking suspicion that their epic tutor training seminar may be going on right now. we're between semesters and thing can either be oddly quiet or rediculously hectic before the students come back.

Whenever I go there, I have to restrain myself from tutoring the math students, taking inventory of the formula handouts on the wall or rearranging the furniture. At a distance, I ALWAYS want to redesign their website and retake all the staff photos, but that wasn't even a requirement of my former position there.

It's kinda like my friend Erica who used to work at Barnes and Nobles. Didn't matter what bookstore she set foot in, she always felt the great need to ask people if they needed help.

Somewhat related note, I found this pic I took of some of the tutors I supervised years ago at the UTLC loafing around on one of my file servers:


Just ignore the flowers behind their ears. I tended to tease and torture my students.

What you are looking is a physicist, a medical doctor, a mathematician and an engineer before they knew for sure that they would become these things. There's probably a cumulative IQ of over 800 right there in front of you...I really miss working with students sometimes, especially smart motivated ones. Aren't they cute too? I can't remember who it was, but someone accused me only hiring attractive tutors. If I did, it wasn't a conscious decision, I swear.

Today's a half day for me. I'm working on more course ware application stuff right now. I seriously get a high off of rewriting code. That's second only to developing new code. I also thoroughly enjoy making fun of bad code.

BTW, I'm wearing my subNatural shirt today, because I realized the developers would get a kick out of seeing the word NATURAL written really large across my chest. It's a programmer joke and not a boob joke. : P Who knew that a concert-T would make its way into my work clothes?

Tonight T and I are gonna go see Chant do his percussion wizardry. I'm hoping that Sammi will tag along with her hubby so that it's a big fun crowd and so I have a dancing partner. I just want my leg and hip pain to go away first!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dasMobius said...

Hi Cindy, I hope that you and Mr. "T" have a good time at Chant tonight.

I don't get the joke about "natural," but I guess that's OK because I'm not a programmer.

Friday, May 25, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Hey I watched that cool Chinese video. Anyway it just so happened that I was listening to David Bowie while watching it, the song "China Girl" came on in the middle of the video and the traditional chinese music from the video bleed through and actually complemented the "China Girl" song very well!

That is so hot. I wish I had a little Chinese girl that could balance on my head.

Friday, May 25, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I think that would hurt though, ya know? The balancing on the head bit...um, but i guess the other parts would be useful eh?

Chant was amazing. There's a video link up on the mp3 blog.

Friday, May 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home