Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Contrast Podcast: Personal Theme Tune



What would *your* personal theme tune be?
I've been asked this more than once in my lifetime and although the oboe line from Bach's "Sich Uben im Leben" always pops into my head, I tend to falter and give a lame response like "You are My Sunshine" or "Flight of the Valkyries." I think the problem is that I can't exactly explain why that Bach tune is so appropriate.

Perhaps it's because I waddle (doing ballet for years makes you a bit duck toed)?
Maybe it's the squeaky soprano solo?

Or, maybe it's just a darn cute song! I dunno...but anyhow, I managed to get it out there that my true theme song is indeed "Sich Uben im Leben." You'll just have to figure out why on your own.

We all know that Tim Young himself is an insane ball of energy but I must say a soft shoe jazz piece really works. I can see him cutting and pasting tracks into GarageBand or whatever piece of software he's using, typing in text for the next CP post, composing the notification email all while bopping his head up and down as he enjoys this task immensely. To check out the other podcaster's choices, hop on over to the Contrast Podcast and see for yourself.

Visit:
Contrast Podcast #60: My Personal Theme Tune

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that piece does seem to fit you, even though I cannot figure out the translation of the title! The oboe is light and bouncy and seems to fit your personality!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's You in your life? I don't actually know and there is no translation with the CD I have. All I know is that it is from a wedding cantata.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. You've been asked this question more than once? What a bizarre question to ask even once.

Yes, this song fits you well. I may have chosen "Little Bunny Hop Hop Hop" for you. In an odd way, this song isn't that far off from that. (Though Bach would probably not appreciate my saying that.)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Bunny Hop Hop Hop! Why didn't I think of that?
Yeah, i've been asked that question during job interviews before and during those "introduce yourself" type meetings. Weird eh?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a ball of energy? It must be all the cookies. I can reach them you see. ;) Thanks for the lovely words Cindy ... I get the feeling that my intro might have been lost on anyone outside the UK though. I better put something up on my blog to explain!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home