Friday, November 17, 2006

Kiwi! and buddies

I've gotten reassurance from others that I'm not the only one who started bawling when I first wateched this. Sooooo cute and so sad:



So the moral is apparently: it is better to have tried and died than to have never tried at all. I guess that's true. Notice the poor kiwi is completely alone as well. Goes to show often, when you're pursuing your dreams, no one will be there to support you. That's more the message I took with me.

On an urelated note (as they usually are), I found a dress on Go Fug Youself that I actually kinda like. The sillohuette is pretty and although the chocker collar is a bit much, hot damn, Eva Green she makes a classy goth doesn't she?



Sandy shared with me something kinda sad and depressing. Last week she attended a formal gala that was supposed to honor WWII vets with her father. Instead, it ended up being a thinly veiled fundraiser complete with mediocre buffet and blatant auction drive. Why the hell would people in their 80's a 90's want to buy more stuff? How insensitive is it to set up a buffet line when so many are motion impared? This really disgusts me and it just struck me as being disrespectful. I think Sandy and her dad ended up leaving early. Had I gone to something like that with my grandfather (he also fought in WWII for the Japanese), I would have left early as well.

Did you know that the first WWII memorial didn't open until 2004? Hmph.

I got a job offer today. I'm debating whether or not the take it. It's only 30 hrs a week but the pay is about what I made a couple of years ago, so eh, no biggie. Can't decide!

7 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Either way the important this is that the Kiwi died--not that that is a bad thing in of itself, but still sad it had to die after working so hard.
So, should I take the job? It's 10k pay cut.

Friday, November 17, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

For a 30hrs a week job. You think so? Hmmmm. Can't decide.

Friday, November 17, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Yeah. Seaweed and Weeseed are a hit, but I actually monitor my traffic and I get the most from "foot fetish" and "trent reznor justine sands" searches.

Looks like I've been grandfathered in, so I'll be getting full health and retirement benefits even though I'm part time. That's great.

Friday, November 17, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

I'll probably take it and then do contract work for math journal editing for $30 an hour so I can splurge on expensive gemological equipment...that'll flesh things out nicely.

Saturday, November 18, 2006  
Blogger kokopelliwoman said...

Hey, CBit,

(My new nick for you! Cindy Little Bit)

Steve and I really want you to take the job so you will be as miserable as we are! LMAO! Seriously, we could all commiserate.

Monday, November 20, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Well I took it. I'm not proud, but I took it, so I'll definitely be commiserating.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

Congrats on the new job! I am excited for you!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home