Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lacuna Coil: Karmacode


Although my friends listen to this group, I didn't really get into Lacuna Coil until after I heard a fantastic cover of Enjoy the Silence through a post over at My Old Kentucky Blog.

Yeah yeah...it's a another goth band...but it's a goth band from Italy! And yes, I realize at quick glance it looks like they grabbed their song titles from a Nine Inch Nails lyrics generator, but hey, they're pretty fucking good. I haven't quite warmed up to the vocal stylings of Christina Scabbia, but I do like the metal guitar work and they're all nice to look at too.

Listen to:
"Enjoy the Silence" (Depeche Mode cover)
"Closer"
"Fragile"

Visit:
Official Lacuna Coil Website
lacuna Coil's Myspace
Empty Spiral: Lacuna Coil Community (I'll refrain from making jokes about the NIN Spiral community...)
Buy Karmacode from Amazon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Depeche Mode cover rocks!

I thought I was in for some NIN covers too, "Closer," "Fragile!" Do they have a song called "Head Like a Hole" too?

But don't get me wrong, I think they're pretty good. (I'd just rather see more original song titles.)

Thursday, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I just realized something. The person in the picture has a head like a hole. :)

Thursday, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buaaahaa. Good Call, Shawn. I think it was based on a Depeche Mode cover or something.

Friday, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home