Thursday, September 21, 2006

Weird Al Yankovic



I'm a close and personal friend of Al's. Are you?

I happen to love Al to death. I guess I have a thing for talented nerds. He's my hero. But seriously, the man has got tons of talent. He lyrics never fail to crack me up and I love the videos, but what I am constantly struck by is his vocal flexibility and dead-on style parodies. I belive it was Kurt Cobain who said he knew Nirvana had made it big when Weird Al parodied them. Indeed, musicians should be flattered.

Because I'm bored with a lot of the current music out there right now, I'm highly anticipating Al's new record Straight Outta Lynwood which pokes fun at Chamillionaire, James Blunt, R. Kelly...and Green Day just to name a few.



Pay close attention to the Wikipedia entry he's updating.

Listen to:
"Don't Download This"
"You're Pitiful"(parody of "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt who, by the way, gave his blessings, but unfortunately the record company didn't)

Visit:
Weird Al's Myspace (become a close and personal friend!)
Weird Al's Official Website
Weird Al Wiki Entry

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wierd Al is funny. I liked "eat it" when it came out. You know, I never understood why "dare to be stupid" was used in the Transformers movie. Do you remember that? In the middle of the movie, the autobots are standing around in a junkyard, "dare to be stupid" starts playing from out of nowhere, and then they start dancing. WTF? It had absolutely nothing to do with anything!

Saturday, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close personal friend? Do you have a "myspace?"

(PS: I don't have a myspace, and I am adverse to starting one. Myspace is the mark of the beast! Seriously, it totally creeps me out.)

Sunday, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of Wierd Al as Mona Lisa is just wrong on so many levels.

Sunday, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I refuse to get a myspace account, but I am in the fanclub and he refers to his fans as his "close personal friends" which I find really amusing.

Yeah, "Dare to be Stupid" seemed so out of place for the transformer movie. I have no idea why they used that!

Sunday, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home