Sunday, September 24, 2006

Adzuki Bean Pod #6 is up!

This is my vanity podcast...and then the microphone breaks. In case you didn't know, my main instrument is flute. Why is there not a pic of me playing flute in the sidebar? Well, in photographs, my flute usually looks like a shiny stick, so I don't include it in any of my adventures in narcissism. Anyway I've played that instrument for 20 years now. 20 freaking years!

While cleaning out my closet I came across a whole box of rehearsal, competition and random recordings with my various ensembles spanning almost 20 years. Basically I had casettes from jr. high on stuck in a shoebox, so I figured I'd transfer them to digital files and include a few into the podcast for shits and giggles. Fortunately, I've got the show balanced out with other fantastic more talented musicians, so your ears won't bleed. And no, it's not all classical, so don't fret.

Head on over there and check it out:
"Adzuki Bean Pod #6: F is for Flute"

BTW, did you know that Tim Young from the Face of Today and the man behind Contrast Podcast is also a flautist? He's in a band called Cut and they're pretty darn good, but I have yet to hear any flute stuff. Do me a favor and convince him to incorporate some flute into their music, will ya?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That camera microphone is fine. It just makes it sound like I'm listening to you on AM radio, and I mainly listen to AM talk radio these days because FM radio is too vulgar and all the new bands suck. Of course the music on your podcast doesn't sound like AM, it's nice and clear. OK I am rambling like a total idiot. I swear I read back over what I just wrote and it looks like the thought process of a 12 year old chihuahua.

Anyway... hey, that's YOU on that Clarissima Mater song! :)

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...and that's me in the Mozart and last Telemann piece which is why I call it my Vanity Podcast. :)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home