Tuesday, September 26, 2006

best burger in the world

I had the best freaking burger in the world yesterday and it was so good, I'm still thinking about it at 11:30pm at night.

I had forgotten how much I love Star Seeds Cafe. Its a 24 hour diner in Austin near campus and for me a frequent recharger zone for the tired, out-of-breath, danced-out goths/club kids I used to hang around with a bit during my glory days in college. 4:30 in the morning, no matter what you ordered, you were guaranteed a fantastic meal cooked to perfection whether it be a stack of ginger pancakes dripping with syrup with a side of eggs over biscuits and sausage gravy or a mound of sizzling fajita beef with hot tortillas and all the sides. I went back for the first time in forever with Sarah on Friday (she had the biscuits/gravy/eggs and I had chicken fried steak with *real* mashed potatoes and corn) and it was still good. I figured since Trav hadn't been there before, I'd take him there this weekend.

Before I go into the details of the heavenly burger, I should note that although it was a game day and there were swarms of folks wearing burnt orange T-shirts around campus, there was not a spot of orange in the entire restaurant. This makes me incredibly proud.

OMG the burger...it was more than $10 and totally worth it. I got the Star Seed's special burger. Atop the thick grilled patty, parmesan cheese melted over fried shallots, mushrooms, chili and bacon. In addition, all of this was dressed up with a fried egg, slices of avocado, fresh greens, 2 pieces of tomato and a mustard based sauce. When I bit into the thing the yolk busted open oozing yellow yummy yolky goodness all over the bacon grease. If I ever need to be executed, I'm going to request a Star Seed's burger for my last meal.

On the music front, I've discovered another member of the disbanded Schrödinger’s Ca is in another band now. Damn good stuff and perfect for an 80's/90's gal like me. However, Jackson Blacklock could easily be a commercial success right now. For one thing, he's damn attractive. Secondly, he's got talent. The band is called Cynsin.

I completed Adzuki Bean Pod #6: F is for Flutes late last night as well. People need to more about Deepak Ram. It's a shame if you go through life without knowing what he sounds like. AS my friend Claudia put it: Deepak Ram is insanely, deliriously, heavenly good ...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Word.
Did you know I've actually met a real live spammer before? How does one live in that shame...

Do you like Big Macs? THey taste too sweet to me. Like, the secret sauce freaks me out or something.

Star seeds has damn good biscuits and gravy too.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Oh it was REALLY good. Yeah, steak and egg, fried onions on top. I think the avacado and bacon added as well. Next time you;re in Austin, we'll take you there. Hey, are you free in October? We're throwing Travis a B-day party and you should come down.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

i'm just sorry i didn't get to see you eat that burger. sounds like a good time. :)

did you eat the whole thing?!

Sunday, October 01, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

yes, every single bite...Travis was incredibly impressed let me tell ya. Speaking of which, his B-day party will be on the 21st of October.

Sunday, October 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home