Monday, October 02, 2006

good grief

I took a depression screening today because, well, I couldn't concentrate at work and got this result:

Your answers also show you might be at risk for harming yourself.

You are advised to see your doctor or a mental health professional immediately for a complete evaluation - or dial "911" - or call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). - or go immediately to the nearest hospital Emergency Room for an evaluation.


Um, that sounds a lot worse than I actually feel. The funny thing is I've felt about the same for the past 10 years or so--maybe longer. It sorta makes me laugh as sordid as that is.

The really sad thing is that I validated that site's HTML and it failed with 18 errors. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

What's even funnier to me is that the above paragraph was preceded by this sentence:

Your screening results indicate a high likelihood that you are suffering from severe depression.

Well, duh.

1 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Tell that Trav. He's one of the few people in the world who is genuinely happy. Frankly, I think anyone taking that test would come out depressed or severly depressed.

Monday, October 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home