Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Disney Music is Evil...Russian Pas de Chat


I can't stand people who love Disney. I'm not including kids, of course, but I'm talking about functional adults who talk about Disney movies as if they're examples of quality cinema. In a whole other category unto itself are those who are immense fans of Disney music--those insipid ooey gooey tunes that most definitely manifest themselves as godawful earworms in the middle of the night.

So, you can imagine the horror I went through yesterday when my regular ballet teacher was replaced by the demonic amalgamated presence of Princess-what's-her-name-Cinderella-Snow White-Bell-Pochahontas-Ariel-Bambie creature dancing and prancing before me. Ah yes, this was a Disney lover at it's worst down to her sweet dimply smile, irritatingly squeaky voice and of course, poor choice in music.

Have you ever done plie's to "Chim Chimmeny?" I think not and no one else should ever be subjected to that sort of torture. What's next? The whole back catalogue of Brittany Spears while doing grand jete's in center?

I remember at one point, the CD player changing discs and all of a sudden a harpsichord version of Bach's Invention #13 comes on (oh, relief finally) and the gal keeped saying to herself "Now which movies is this from...I don't recognize it. Aristocats maybe? I guess I'll go back to Beauty and the Beast"

Needless to say, I was about ready to kill someone towards the end of class.

On a somewhat related note, look at me. Wheeee! I may be getting old and crickety, but I can still jump, damnit. Um, that's a Russian styled pas de chat by the way.

russian pas de chat cindy chang

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger stitchwitch said...

Wow!! What a leap. I'm certainly impressed! On a different note, you should read Carl Hiaasen's muckraking book about Disney. I think Hiaasen is a genius.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Oooh, I definitely need to check that book out then. It would be therepeutic since i have "Under the Sea" stuck in my head.

Thursday, September 21, 2006  
Blogger stitchwitch said...

The name of the book is Team Rodent. Also, he wrote a fiction book titled Native Tongue about a thinly veiled Disney-type amusement park that is pretty funny.

Thursday, September 21, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

you're not going to hold it against me that i like the little mermaid, are you? it's the only disney movie i'm really fond of.

of course, now i have under the sea stuck in my head and i'm not sure that's a good thing.

and unless you're 5 years old, no one should be forced to dance to disney tunes. that's just wrong.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

are you trying to torture me, JBro. What, now you're gonna perform under the sea for me at my next birthday?

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

That would be you. J-o-h-n-n-y takes too long to type out and I don't like J, nor do I like "bro" so you're now "JBro"

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

And no, Sarah, I dont hold it against you, but I will probably make fun of this fact on more than one occasion.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

i can live with that.

Saturday, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home