Friday, July 07, 2006

More Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy



As mentioned before, Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy are on tour and have been gracing various radio stations across the US with live sets every few weeks or so.

Somewhat related aside:
Ya know there was a time in my life when I was glued to the internet practically refreshing the NINhotline every 10 mintues hoping to be the first on the block to knab the tiniest morsel of newsworthy information that came through. I use newsworthy in a broad sense since something as simple as a picture of a new hair cut or a blurry shot of his left elbow would cause an explosion of activity on the message boards. This was during the great drought of 2000-2005 otherwise known as the time between when Fragile and With Teeth were released.

Anyhow, now that I'm frequently busy and a paid working member of society (instead of a grad school slacker trying to find a reason not to work on one's thesis) an assload excitement has exploded all over the place. Well, maybe not an assload, but it is annoying that I feel like I'm the last to notice when something cool has happened in the NIN camp. Among these are the Peter Murphy and Trent Reznor live sessions. Let's not even talk about bounty of amazing concert photography I have to catch up on. Due to my schedule, I managed to miss the last 3 airings.

So, in case you're like me, here are some highlights. Listen to:

"Bela Lugosi's Dead" [6_13_06]
"Reptile" [6_23_06]
"A Strange Kind of Love" [6_23_06]
"Atmosphere" [7_1_06] (by Joy Division)

Again, an enormous amount of gratitude towards the NIN Hotline, Echoing the Sound and especially NIN News France for the sound files.

Visit:
NIN.com Media Section with videos and pictures from the performances
NIN News France with more mp3s
Official Peter Murphy Site


(photos from nin.com. I'm assuming by Rob Sheridan)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Thanks!

Sunday, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home