Thursday, April 27, 2006

NIN "Every Day is Exactly the Same"




(This post goes out to you Shawn! I know you've been reading this blog religiously even though you're busy with grad school and I appreciate it.)

I'll admit I have a habit of collecting NIN halos. In fact, I have an unhealthy habit of hoarding NIN merchandise in general, but it's pretty tame compared to most die-hard Nine Inch Nails fans. As of late, the past singles for "The Hand That Feeds" and "Only" have been somewhat sparse and mildly disappointing in my opinion. So far, I've preferred mainly fan remixes of those songs. However, this issue has been remedied a good bit with the most recent halo: number 21. The last remix by Sam Fog Vs Carlos D Of Interpol is probably my favorite, but another strong track is the Richard X version of "Only." When I first heard it, the first word that popped into my mind was "dated" but at the same time I was intrigued by it. After a few more listens, this remix has really grown on me. Maybe it's because I'm old. I'm not sure, but it conjures up happy memories of outings with college buddies where we'd dance all night long and then go out to wolf down pancakes and coffee at 4:30am afterwards. Those were good times. :)

Listen to:
"Only (Richard X Remix)"

And if you are in the mood for something really funny, here's Meathead's Interpretive animated music video for the song.
Here's a somewhat more serious version.

The official video was shelved, so there's a DIY contest going on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Cindy!

I didn't know that the new remix album has already been released. Your featured remix has a great "Pretty Hate Machine" feel to it. I love it! Those xylophones kick ass!

Unfortunately, I can't watch the videos or even download the appropriate player for some reason. I'll just have to check it out later on my girlfriend's computer.

Friday, April 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, it's not "the" new remix CD, it's a single. (You'd think, by the title, that I would know better.) Anyway, I finally bought it and yes, I like it a bunch!

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish he'd come out with a full remix CD, but apparently there's a new album in the works that's due out the end of this year. I estimate it'll be out in 3 years or so given his track record. Hee hee/

Saturday, April 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home