Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ima Robot "Let's Talk Turkey"



I discovered Ima Robot through a Nine Inch Nails fan club forum board, believe it or not. Sadly, I think only 3 people replied to this guy's post raving about the band, but I can say my interest was piqued. It's not on there anymore, but there was a unique cover of "Wicked Game" posted. The snippets they had on their myspace account were so impressive I went out and bought the self titled album the next day and it has been on heavy rotation in my CD player ever since.




The band sorta has a punky-new-wavish-indie-sound. More specifically, Alex Ebert possesses clear, and yet endearingly, nasaly voice with a solid upper register that I find quite pleasing to listen to (I'm not sure why, but I do). They've also got catchy melodies and fun lyrics (check out the song "12=3"). These words from "Let's Talk Turkey" most definitely apply to me:

Hello, hello
Losing concentration
Losing motivation
Losing ground

Solo solo
Don't like moderation
Starved for conversation
Are you down

Love
A reaction to some soft skin
What about
Trust
I've seen it here and there ...


Listen to:
"Let's Talk Turkey"


You can find more songs and their profile on their ImaRobot Myspace.

Go and buy the album. Seriously, it's totally worth it--if not for the funky Gondry-esque CD art alone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally cool. I bookmarked the myspace account to listen more later. Definitely thinking about purchasing.

Thanks!!!

Monday, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're really cool and I'd love to see them live sometime. Hey, you going to Tool in May?

Monday, April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work ยป

Saturday, February 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Baccarat site submit $9.99 monthly plans cell phone http://www.car-cover-5.info Online phamacy ambien fed ex Hawaii adult merchant account http://www.straight-edge-shirt.info diet pills Auto battery charger ctak

Monday, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home