Saturday, April 29, 2006

Moog soundtrack



I have a feeling plenty of people own this soundtrack, but if not, it is worth buying if you like electronic music. Since I've been playing my Moog Theremin a bit lately, I decided to rewatch the Moog documentary and fell in love with the soundtrack all over again. Sterolab, Album Leaf, Meat Beat Manifesto...they're all in it. The documentary does a thorough job of following the late Dr. Robert Moog's research and development years and explains through interviews and performances how the invention of synthesizers affected the growth and mentality of modern music.

Listen to:
"I am a Spaceman" (by Charlie Clouser)
"Sentinel" (by Psilonaut)

Buy Moog at Amazon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just catching up with you music blog. Listening to moog music as I prove topology theorems through acts of violence. :)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the acts of violence? You're not doing differential topology are you?

Wednesday, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, differential topology. How did you guess? Well, I did finally succeed in proving the theorem I was alluding to. It's always rewarding when acts of violence (I should have said "acts of deparation") finally come together into a coherent and rigourous proof - an act of love. :) It makes the struggle seem worth it.

Thursday, May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home