Thursday, March 16, 2006

Old Painting "Lehren" and Old Pic "Red Room"



Watercolor, conte crayon and oil pastel on canvas. 1994, I think. Can't remember.
This is an example of why I don't do portraits that are meant to be realistic looking. I remember one of my art professor (Jarvis Ulrich) once told me "If you're obsessed with realism, maybe you ought to do photography." Course, next semester another art professor (M. R. Charles) told me "a good photographer is able to bend realism."


1999. @ the TxUnion east stair well.

So, there you go.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I think your art teacher was a little too hard on you. I think your conte crayon portrait is VERY GOOD. You're a great photographer, too, but don't let anyone tell you that you can't draw or paint, girl!!!

I wish that I could get some time to draw again, but alas I am addicted to yarn.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't really a criticism but rather a note for me to have an attitude change and to try to think more "outside of the box" The problem is that after these two pieces of advice, my artwork and photography started looking like each other. LOL. Maybe it's my style

Friday, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home