Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Redesigning my Sapphire Ring

This is my original wedding set: 1.25 ct emerald cut blue Kashmir sapphire with .5ctw trillants on the side set in platinum. It's a pretty design, but the diamonds are awful, a lot of drama was associated with it and I've seen many other people with the same ring. The wedding band is my grandmother's, by the way. Any design ideas for resetting this?



I was thinking of taking out this center stone from my right hand ring:



and finding a loose princess stone that matched so I can create a new setting with princess sides. Not sure though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean replacing the sapphire with the center stone from the other ring and then redesigning the sapphire ring with different sides?

Hmm. I don't understand Cindy today.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're close. The princess diamond is not the same dimensions as the sapphire. There will be a whole new setting involved. Taking the center stone from the diamond ring, purchasing a new matching diamond and using those as side stones for the sapphire (which I will have to take out of the platinum setting). In the end, I'll have two partial rings and one completed ring with the center sapphire and princess side stones. Does that clarify? Not sure what to do with the two leftover semimounts. I do have an emerald that can fit into the setting that the sapphire is in now, but not sure if I like the way green looks with platinum.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home