Tuesday, March 07, 2006

another dolphin update

I'm telling you, my brother has a fetish for dolphins. I can't seem to escape dolphin references either. I remember the last time my friend Shizuka was over at my place and I was telling her about my fear of flying over large bodies of water. She replied matter of factly with: "Don't worry. If the plane crashed into the ocean, dolphins will save you."

Why? Because they feel the indebted to help out their admirer's sis for fear that he may stop singing ballads about their brethren?

Anyhow, here's a pic from my bro's myspace account:



Indeed those are Seaweed and Weeseed in the flesh. What the hell are they doing? I think it's kinda cute that his pink guitar pick sorta resembles a heart.

I suppose the page is balanced out with the plethora of hot "wimmins" that comprise of his friends list, but still, that whole dolphin thing just confuses me. I feel mildly guilty buying him "Dexter" years ago as a birthday present. It's a BIG dolphin that squeeks when you squish it. It's like giving syringes to a heroin addict, but I digress.

Anyhow, from his account, there's a lovely diddy called "2 Dolphins" that he wrote, composed and performed. Heh. Mind you, he's a phenominally good guitar player and he's the one I inhereted all my gear from. His voice is not bad, really. However, I do wonder if he and Jack Black were separated at birth. Here are the lovely lyrics which contain the ever classic line my dolphins don't talk shit about me:

2 Dolphins

You will notice
on my MySpace there are two little dolphins
for you to see.
And you may wonder why I adore them
so much...so much...so much!!!!!

My dolphins don't talk shit about me
when I'm not around
My dolphins don't lie to me
They just let me
love...and love.....and love.....them
And kiss.....and kiss....and kiss them
Share my love
Yes they do

My dolphins are so wonderful
If only they had tits
And beautiful eyes
If only they were human
If only they were...you....


Boy, that's a classic in the making, let me tell ya. Definitely a hit for all oceanographers around the world. Maybe SeaWorld will buy the rights to the song and my brother can quit his boring job. Here's the mp3:
http://h1.ripway.com/johnnyleechang/2dolphins.mp3

3 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I know. That's the funny thing. The guitar work in the background is actually quite pretty and then you're like "What the fuck? Dolphins?"

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

yes, what sammi said. the guitar was pretty. the lyrics made me laugh. it was kind of hard to reconcile those two. :)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

dude. You're famous now. Just drink it up, okay?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home