Wednesday, March 12, 2008

You should be...(a farewell post of sorts)

...at SXSW right now. If you're not, you shouldn't be wasting your time reading this blog.

You should visit this site instead:
SXSW (South by South West Festival and Conference) Austin, TX

Especially the music portion:
SXSW Music Festival

It does a lovely job with interviews, blurbs and info for all the musicians and includes downloadable MP3s for your listening pleasure. Now, if you just have to get the attendees scoop on things, Matt over at Earfarm (a blog I read religiously) is blogging away about his road trip down to SXSW and it's fantastic.

Not sure if you gentle readers can tell, but this blog has been dying ever so slowly. I didn't intend it to die a slow pathetic death, but unfortunately with the job, friends in crisis, being in my own band and shift in "real world" responsibilities, I ran up against time and energy. I think Shawn is in the same boat too as he's been unable to post as well (and yes, for the record, we like NIN's Ghosts)

The real issue though is motivation and intent. In the past few weeks I've seen an ass load of shows, but just couldn't find the will the write about them, not because they sucked or because they lacked anything to write about, but because I'm a totally different head space now. Ya know: What right do I have to critique another musician, when I as a musician have so much to work on myself?

To be honest, I think I get more joy out of reading and processing other people's opinions about music than spewing my own. At least, that's how I've been feeling for the past few months.

Because I'm on stage now sharing space with acts that I've adored over the years, collaborating with musicians I'm flat out in awe of...I'm feeling mighty quiet and humble.

That may seem strange, but that's how I feel.

This isn't exactly a farewell post because I haven't decided what to do about this blog yet. So many great opportunities have come out of this blog (heck, I wouldn't be part of Lucid Dementia if it wasn't for posting). Musicians have benefited from it in the past. It's a wonderful symbiotic relationship, but right now, not exactly sustainable. I may merge it with my personal blog...not sure.

Regardless of what happens to this blog, I will always continue to support Tim Young and the Contrast Podcast team, SAS Radio and of course Matt from Ear Farm. If it weren't for these guys I wouldn't have started MP3 blogging in the first place!

You can always count on continuous ranting interspersed with my recipes over at the Blatherings of an Adzuki Bean blog.

Listen to:
"After the Curtain"- Beirut

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Cindy. The face of today rarely gets my attention these days, but whne it does it's because I have something importatnt to share ... so perhaps you should keep things open for the sharing of 'really important things'!

Thanks for the nice words too ... :)

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Tim and thanks for popping by. Perhaps CP announcements, CD releases shows and such instead of music reviews? Sigh...I wish I really did have a clone to tend to this blog.

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A farewell post?? Nooo! Save the clock tower!!!

I mean, Save the adzuki bean stash!!!

Yeah. Don't say goodbye for good, just post when possible. There are those of us who'd like more frequent adzuki posts but we're not going to riot over infrequency.

Play with shorter or simple posts, or just post whenever, like you have been, when there's something important/must be said. Like Tim suggested. Or... OR just turn it into a NIN fan blog. I'd like that.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. See you 'round Austin?

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed Matt! I'll be up and about the east end of 6th street most nights (Elysium, Red Room, Emo's, etc...).
A NIN blog.

Now that's kinda appealing. I also like the idea of shorter posts. I mean after all, sometime a particular song strikes the mood without needing some in depth analysis...good poing!

Friday, March 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farewell....

Thursday, March 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home