Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Don't eat at Kismet

More of a warning for the local Austinites, but I got full blown food poisoning roughly 8 hours ago. Kismet is that Gyro place on 24th and Guadalupe. I *thought* I was enjoying the hummus and tabouleh....

Bad hummus => Food poisoning => projectile vomiting.

I stopped mid sentence while speaking to a co worker to go throw up.
I threw up 3 times between leaving the office and getting into T's car where he was waiting for me.
I threw up once in the car. :(
T is a very loving husband.

Looks like I'm going to be eating Saltines and Gatorade for a while...

I'm so tired of being sick. First the nasal congestion and sore throat thing, the funky complexion issue and now this. Blargh. I guess to be fair I haven't really been super sick since my Flu back in January, so I can't complain, but sheesh, I don't normally throw up. 5 times in one day (plus those 2 times after after my over indulgence at my B-day party) I'm starting to wonder if my sphincter muscle has given out or something.

I couldn't even lie down straight because the pain in my abdomen was so sharp. Currently my back is killing me due to all the heaving. My poor friend Renuka had morning sickness for all 9 months of her pregnancy and I couldn't help but wonder if she felt this way. And of course, whenever I have horrible abdominal pain, I think about my dad and the last few days of his life which were probably horrific pain wise. He had constant vomiting due to his liver squishing his stomach. And my cat Molly. She had chronic hair balls and would puke daily. Not fun.

I'm going back to bed.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

that's awful. i hope you're better soon.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007  
Blogger dasMobius said...

Sorry to hear that.

Get better!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Thanks guys. IT was pretty horrific. Especially throwing up in the car...I don't know parents can handle it with their kids.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

AWWW!! I am so sorry!!! I didn't get sick last time but I noticed that there seemed to be a regime change in that restaurant - the food isn't the same. I don't think I'll be going back either. Yuck!

There have been some 24 hour bugs going around here too, though. I wonder if it was something like that?

Regardless, that bites.

Thursday, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Mentok said...

Wow, it's amazing what you learn from blogging. I always thought sphincter meant something else, but now Wikipedia has shown me that I previously had a very narrow view of sphincters.

Ha! Get it? Narrow... sphincter ... comedy!

Thursday, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Mentok said...

p.s. sorry to hear you're sick. Get well soon.

Thursday, September 20, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Very funny, Mentok. :)
I'm much better now. Saltine crackers are darn good. Mmm Mmm Mmm... yes sir.

Thursday, September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home