Wednesday, August 08, 2007

So trendy it hurts

I had this moment of mortification this morning as I was sashaying down San Jacinto st. in my Mossimo T, trendy capri jeans, gypsy hip belt and knee high boots. My ipod ear buds blared Shiny Toy Guns and I serenaded the 7am construction workers by belting out the words to "You are the One" as my dangle earrings swayed in tempo with each resolute step. It was when I shifted my messenger bag containing Scooter the microscopic laptop while responding to a text message chime (all while delicately balancing my double shot mocha) I stopped dead in my tracks and had this awful epiphany:

I reek of yuppie right about now.

Secondary thought:
Aren't I too old to enjoy Shiny Toy Guns?

The only saving grace was that my coffee drink was from a local shop.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger heavy metal mom said...

hahhaa - you are NOT a yuppie...you're a 'hippy' chick. A cool gal - not "trendy" but eclectic and original. If you shopped at Abercrombie and bought Pottery Barn furniture and drove a BMW, I might agree with you.

I think it sounds like your outfit and morning commute was well thought out and you were probably just cute as hell!!!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Cute I will not deny, but I must say when I see people waking around with their ipod and text messaging at the same time nearly spilling their drink on me because they weren't watching where they were going, I do get miffed. I realized I was one of those people this morning!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home