Sunday, August 05, 2007

Assemblage 23:Meta



I will admit to being loyal to most anything that comes out of Metropolis Records (I have confessed after all to having gone through a gothy streak back in the day) but Assemblage 23's album Meta is an especially good one. Normally, I consider CD purchase a success when I like at least half of the songs. It's rare for me to like every single track, but this is the case with 2007's Meta which has been on high rotation ever since it came in the mail.

This music is more on the palatable side of industrial with incredibly danceable tracks. Even the down tempo ballads such as "Damaged" will get you grooving. Tom Shear, who is the sole member of Assemblage 23, manages to splice his hypnotic and clean vocals into the electronic compositions and effortlessly showcases his poignant lyricism. If you like groups such as VNV Nation, CTRL, and Front Line Assembly, you'll love Assemblage 23.

Listen to:
"Decades (V2)"
"Damaged"

Visit:
Assemblage 23 Official Website
Assemblage 23's MySpace
Purchase Meta from Metropolis Records

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. The mp3 links are giving nothing but a page full of question marks and "random" symbols. Something's screwy.

Monday, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's weird...I'm able to hear them. I have no idea what's going on Shawn. Try again later.

Monday, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your segment with Travis - hilarious. I can't believe the faraway cookies song...that's priceless!!!

Thursday, August 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an idiot. I posted this comment on the wrong post. That's what I get for being impatient with the scroll bar.

Thursday, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home