Thursday, August 16, 2007

momma's

I have a cute mom (and grandma):


Cuteness runs in our family. No sexy bombshells to speak of but I think it's easier to grow old and stay cute than grow old and stay hot, so there you go.

It's an ongoing joke that darlin hubby is most useful for getting the cookie jar down from the highest shelf for me. After telling my podcasting buddy Tim that mom was moving in since my father passed away, his response was:

Yes, I remember you saying about your dad. It must be comforting for your mum to be able to come and live with you guys. Now I guess T has to reach the cookies for both of you?

Indeed.

Before we've even had time to even begin wondering what it would be like to have her here in our own home...she found an apartment. It's walking distance from our home, features an attached garage and is incredibly nice inside. Crazy fast, eh?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

yay! that's exciting. i wish my mom lived down the street.

your mom is very cute, btw. pretty, even. you look a lot like her.

Thursday, August 16, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Awww. Thanks. Yeah, I think I have a pretty momma. she's nuts too...in a good way. :)

Friday, August 17, 2007  
Blogger thevitaminkid said...

You may find this a very pleasant arrangement. We lived in a small town in NE Iowa when I was a small boy, and my grandparents built a house in the same block. Our backyards even connected through a passageway. Then after several moves, and after my grandfather's move to a nursing home, my grandmother got an apartment a few blocks away from our home. It is great to have parents and grandparents close, but not always in your personal space. Best of both worlds, really, it seems to me.

Friday, August 17, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

I agree. It still makes visits a special treat but without the 3 hour commute. :)
Also, it allows my mom to have her own social life as well.

Friday, August 17, 2007  
Blogger heavy metal mom said...

I want my mommie!!!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home