Friday, March 02, 2007

Dad in the hospital

My dad is in the ER right now. They discovered his potassium levels are way too high and he's been so weak lately due to not being able to fall asleep because of the discomfort and the condition itself. He's on an IV getting high doses of pain killers and has been sleeping soundly. Thank God. According to my mom the hospital is so full that there are people in the hallways. He'll be under watch and then released because they don't think he's sick enough to need a hospital room for extended stay. I can't help but wonder if it is really due to a space and staffing issue. We're headed down tomorrow.
My boss has been so helpful. Without even asking he arranged for me to be able to leave at a moments notice. He brought me all the necessary paperwork this afternoon and explained in clear layman's terms what a lot of the HR mumbo jumbo was and how it would effect me, advantages and disadvantages of using sick leave versus vacation, etc...It was all very helpful. Anyway, I've got my family leave documents in hand and will fax them to my dad's doctor first thing tomorrow morning. When I spoke on the phone with the physician he promised to get them filled out and signed asap. I feel much better with how smoothly this end has been going. I am very concerned however with the docs last statement before we said bye: "You need to go home right now. Your dad needs you."
I hope the doctor faxes me soon....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home