Wednesday, February 28, 2007

picture worth a thousand words

If another person asks me whether not I'm happy with my new job, I should punctuate my resounding "YES!" with this image:



A co-worker at DIIA, Amy Miller (enthusiastic shutter bug hiding as a senior systems analyst) snapped the photo of me, which to be very honest is very me. I recalled one of my teammates from my old job back when things were starting to go sour mentioning that he knew something was wrong when I lost my spark, silliness and enthusiasm he was used to seeing. In retrospect, I realize how right he was. I definitely feel more at home here. And oddly, despite the fun-loving carefree atmosphere, I get double the work done. Imagine that!

I love how this is an action shot. I'm leaning back to prevent the runny nose from running even more...Seriously though, I love my desk. The entire unit (not just the keyboard section) raises up and down to adjust to height. The keyboard panel tilts and raises up and down. I have *two* monitor and tons of writing space to the left and right. Lots of storage space, etc. etc.

You can see all my trinkets of affection and photos behind me: the beautiful hand stitched bluebonnet piece Sandy made for me, a drawing from an old co-worker, images of baby Juliet in all stages of growth, photos of my former students, my husband holding 2 kittens, my framed photo of Voltaire and I, posing with the Machine in the Garden, Daniel Link, the top half of the doctored image of Trent and Sarah getting "married" which ground some discussion boards to a halt with incendiary comments...I also love how you can see Alessandro Cortini from the NIN Amherst, MA show in perfect view on one of my monitors. With an odd sense of pride, I should point out that I don't have that pic of Jay and I anywhere in view even though that spot right below Summer and Roger of the Machine and the Garden seems all too perfect. However, if I give in, I can't tease Jay about having his copy of the pic on display at his work station any more. *snark*

***
I'm eating chocolate macaroons again. God, those are good especially since I'm not really sick anymore and can taste the chocolate. Mine are all melted though. I was gonna drop off a couple for Sandy, but they look like poo. They taste fine, but I need to figure out a way to make sure the chocolate doesn't smear all over the place.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Yeah. It's pretty slick!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007  
Blogger stitchwitch said...

I'm gonna have to come over and see your new digs. Sounds very cool! (And as long as it doesn't taste like poo, I'll probably eat it!)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007  
Blogger cchang said...

Oh no, they taste good. Really!

Thursday, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home