Saturday, December 02, 2006

Gary Numan: Jagged

If the only Gary Numan songs you know are "Cars" and "Are Friends Electric" please take the time to get to know more of his music. Besides, anyone who loves cats enough to be a patron of a cat charity gets an A in my gradebook.

I'm a relative newcomer to Gary Numan (born Gary Anthony James Webb) and I owe a lot of my education to Botley of Echoing the Sound. I was already somewhat familiar with his songs back in the 80's and 90's but my first album I ever purchased was the 2003 release Hybrid which had a harder feel than most of his typical synth pop/darkwave sound due in part to production assistance with the likes of Flood and Alan Moulder and I fell in love with it instantly. Keep in mind that Numan has had a long, steady and sucessful career. His first album came out in the 70's.

I'm not as enamored with Jagged as I was with Hybrid, however it is still a good album that stands on it's own. The tracks tie together thematically and flow into one another with ease. The sound is often soaring and haunting with unquestionably industrial soundscapes containing orchestral and electronic overtones. What Numan excels at the most though, are his simple yet profound lyrics. Take this snippet from the title track, Jagged:

What have we become?
All that we could be?
Think of this as mercy, a small gift from me
What does a confession ever do
But take my guilt away


Listen to:
"Jagged"
"Pressure"
Visit:
Gary Numan's Official Website
Gary Numan Wiki Entry
Buy Jagged from Amazon

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get the strangest spam on here...

Anyway, I enjoyed the Gary Numan songs. I should probably purchase Hybrid or Jagged in the near future.

Saturday, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you already owned Hybrid. Did I not give you a copy of it? If not, it's great. Get the delux version with the extra DVD footage.

Saturday, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i´m Matias From Buenos Aires , Argentina.
I´m was very afraid to waste my money in this Guide of rich jerk. Sorry for my Bad english , but you will see i´m a latin american guy.

Let me tell you my story.

so i work in a health american company here in Argentina i have a good salary and i can reach the corporation stairs . But two month ago i notice that i m working always more and more, so i working for the money , and have no time to my family and my studies. I was upset with my situation So i have to find the way to not work for money ,to money work for me.

And i investigate so i reach this website, i bought the guide and of course the access to this forum, i make my website and upload three days ago,
www.millondollarwords.com , of course i register to Commision junction and another staff, and i copy text of richjerkwebiste and promote their guide.
I put adwords and adsense on it.

But well Yesterday i got my first commision sale my goal is to have $100 dollar /day and for the next year to made my own guide and make an affiliate program just like rich jerk.

Of course with adsense i did´nt make a lot of money yet because google have to actualize my website , and make some pagerank.

and i get my traffic with adwords. with two compaing one with keyword targeret and another with site targeret.

Yesterday in my second day , i have 19 visits, and with some days online i make one sale. Wow.
Please look at my site and give me yours opinions
www.millondollarwords.com

And if anybody want to change links let me know .

Make money online with website is easy , just you have to know some things, that what richjerk guide teachs you.
you have to aplicate the strategies .

A dificult thing i how to configure adwords , you have to try , i´m trying to do my best to my site, to generate traffic , with the less money .

see ya

Matias

Monday, December 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh brother...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home