Friday, August 18, 2006

so much going on yet not much intersting to say

Apparently a bunch of co-workers were stuck on campus until late at night--past 10pm or so! That'll probably be me in a couple of years. Yikes...

Had a nice dinner with Sarah last night at Mothers which not only has fantastic vegetarian food, but great smoothies, a beautiful solarium/garden, live music on weekends (often featuring Doc Grauzer) and a honest to God vintage Reznor heater. Now, my most favorite item is their chips and salsa that come gratis. Only problem is that consuming more than a teaspoon of that stuff gives you dragon breath that could cause a whole room of people to suffocate. I swear that salsa is 50% garlic and damn, it is GOOD. Rest assured I packed my toothbrush, toothpast, mouthwash and gum in my purse before dining.

Glass class was okay. I'm getting more used to the large industrial torch. I am, however, getting really tired of Sarah's doppleganger, Sarah, calling me a beginner or emphasizing that I'm a beginner. Shit, we learned bead making at the same time. I've sold stuff for the past 5 years, but she still goes "Oh, I know you need the practice..." or "this technicque can be difficult for beginners, like you..." I realize her skill set is better than mine, but the difference is that she does glasswork full time. I do this as a hobby. :( Grrr...so, in that aspect, she doesn't act like the Sarah I had dinner with. Other aspects though---damn, it's creepy. They look like each other and they share the same phrases. It's very convenient that they've got the same name. Hence accidentally calling one of them something like, oh I dunno, Colleen, wouldn't have happened.

I got a $50 gift card from my bro for my birthday. It's got Sesame Street characters on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

your post cracked me up.

btw, i got a $50 gift card (to borders) from my parents for my birthday. with sesame street characters on it.

sorry about the other sarah's behavior. just as long as you don't get annoyed with me for stuff she does, all good. :)

Saturday, August 19, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Hey! You could forward all those e-mails from crazy dog lady!

Monday, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home