Friday, August 11, 2006

Tim Brace: Music for Solo Guitar

Tim Brace is another person I work with who is a regularly performing musician. With a BFA and PHD in ethomusicology, it's no suprise that music is a large part of his life. He is an expert in Ancient Chinese Music and spends free time composing classical guitar pieces. He is also music director over at Hyde Park United Methodist Church.

In the past, Tim has taught the infamous History of Rock and Roll course at the University of Texas at Austin and was faculty with the High School for the Performing Visual Arts in Houston, TX. Music runs strong in his family. His son, Conor is currently a jazz performance major at UT and his daughter, Erin, plays flute.

Listen to:
"Rhaphsody for a Dancer"
"PRelude No. 2" (written for his son, Conor)

Visit:
Buy Tim Brace's CDs at CD Baby
Magnolia Arts

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked classical guitar.

Friday, August 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: The link to PRelude No. 2 doesn't work.

PSPS: That was me - the anonymous person above. (I just didn't sign my name.)

Friday, August 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why it doesn't work for you. It works here at home and I double checked my link at work. Whenever this happens, try right clicking and "save as" to your computer.

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, missed you on this week's Contrast Podcast!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey fil...been really REALLY busy. I'll sit out for a while. Besides, it'll give more people a chance to contribute!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home