Tuesday, August 08, 2006

miscellaneous blathering

So Gene sent me a cutting diagram last night. "Cut this instead!" he almost demanded.

I have to chuckle of course. You know Daniel Franco on Project Runway Season 1 and 2? I swear it's something similar. Gene, like Daniel, is insane about perfection and detail. That's why the stones he cuts are meticulous and amazing. The stone I cut is slighly off and it is driving him batshit crazy. I don't blame him of course.

I'm working at home today. I'm so thankful I've got a set up that allows me to do so. The odd thing is that lots of times I'm actually more productive at home. There's no one to talk to (I've long since disabled my chat function) and I'm more comfortable so I'm able to code quicker. The GOOD coffee is at home and having a cute cat in your lap while you're working on code (or blogging as the came may be) is a nice way to spend the morning.

Speaking of cats, this is Hippo and I having a "moment." We're both napping. SHe's so relaxed that her arms are flayed open. She drools when she's purring which is gross and cute and the same time, but there's nothing like having a totally limp cat sleeping on your chest. It's like a living breathing stuffed animal. I think it's adorable.



I just got done making guacamole. That's the beauty of working at home. I can make guacamole in the kitchen downstairs while a program is running. At work, all I can do is make coffee or go the bathroom, or head on over to Sandy's office and bug her. BTW, it's Sandy's birthday today, so make sure to go tell her happy B-day.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

working from home sounds nice. :)

i hope your enjoy your day.

and cute picture of you and hippo. looks cozy.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

Yeah, I needed it, but damn, I'm jealous of your massage! I *really* need one of those.
Yes, Johnny, I highly suspect that hippo is a dolphin.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home