Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yummy! Birthday Bash





I'm so happy my friends are into food as much as I am. Featured were lots of garden veggies, berries and homemade baked goods. Yum! We had fresh strawberries and blueberries, homemade guacamole, homemade curry dip, garden vegetables, mediterranean salad made of herbs and veggies from Monica's garden, homemade dark chocolate icecream, homemade dark chocolate silk cake, assorted cheeses, figs and nuts, brownies and tons of wine, cocktails, lamic and beers. Yee haw!

Sammi and Monica also gave me homemade jam (peach, spiced peach and apple). For the record it tasted devine on top of brie spread over a cracker.

My favorite gift though was probably the homemade soap Monica gave me. Here's me smelling the bath salts:



And of course, the theremin was a hit:



Ross looks like such a natural when he plays it:


Here's a cute picture of Sandy and I:


I'm especially thankful that Sandy, Claudia and Beth didn't mind mingling with the under 35 crowd/goths. I wonder if they know how hip they are. :) It meant a lot to me that they came.

Here's an arrangement of flowers I made out of the small bouquets and individual flowers people gave me that day. I'm suprised how well everything coordinated. My husband got me the two pink roses because he figured 29 was only 2 away from being a Mersenne Prime:



29 feels nice. It actually feels different already...and in a good way. :) Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got tons of leftover wine I need to finish off.

2 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Those would be dried figs.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Óscar said...

SO, you play the Theremin too? ;)

Tuesday, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home