Monday, July 31, 2006

ants

There are 100s of ants all over my desk!

Two months ago I moved up to the 12th floor of the University Tower. I've got window lighting, a great view, awesome coworkers. Everything would be great if it weren't for these fucking ants.

For 2 years I had a desk on the ground floor and not one, NOT ONE, ant had ever dared to invade my space. I didn't even keep it all that clean. I mean, with all the croissant and pastry crumbs that came out of my keyboard when I cleaned it right before moving, I could have easily fed a small family. I don't see why those morsels are suddenly more delicious now that I'm on the 12th floor.

It's insane. I mean, there has got to be a colony somewhere on this floor because I can't fathom that many of these bugs honestly thinking that scaling a 12 floor embankment is worth measly crumbs. They're also thirsty little suckers too. I guess it is because it is summer time and if you spend all that time climbing, you'll probably get a tad dehydrated. I leave one drop of water on my desk and suddently there are 50 of them slurping away. When they're done drinking them up, I swear they all turn to look at me. It's like I'm their parent and they're expectantly waiting me me to feed them.

Anyhow I recently got these ant killer trays that are supposed to be environmentally friendly. It's basically sugar water with borax in it to kill the ants, but I'm starting to wonder if I've been swindled. I swear there's no poison in there. I started out with, oh...I dunno, 30-40 ants crawling across my desk. Since I put the traps out, there are hundreds of them swarmping around from trap to trap. It almost looks like a scale model of 6th street as these ant go from watering hole to the next.

The actual one made out of strong poison that the office provided---nada. They've learned!

To make things worse, I've got a large collection of dead lady bugs on the window sill as well. Apparently the ant spray kills the lady bugs too, but doesn't effect the ants. If only the lady bugs were alive---then they'd eat the ants and all of us are happy, but oh well.


>

2 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

baby powder...really? How did you figure that out?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Zira said...

The borak stuff works. It will seem at first like there are a lot more ants, but what happens is they take that stuff back to their nest and it will kill the entire colony. Just leave it out and keep it refreshed every 3 days or so, and eventually they will all be gone!

Monday, August 13, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home