Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sister Soliel: Soularium

Stella. Stella? Stell-lah!!!!!
What happened to Sister Soleil (aka Stella Katsouda)? There are so few websites devoted to this artist, it depresses me.

With throbbing electro industrial beats and biting lyrics, her music was the quintessential soundtrack to my college years. It definitely helped tide me over between NIN halos. :P In fact, Soularium is one of my favorite albums of all time and is still on frequent rotation in my household. It's one of the few CDs I've had to purchase twice due to overuse.

What killed her career in my opinion was the follow up album Dirty Little Secrets which did a complete about face and oozed of super sticky pop goodiness. That incarnation of Stella was a bit of a disappointment especially since it came out during a time when bubble gum pop was at its height. So, check out the good Stella below. I'll profile the other album for comparison later.

Listen to:
"Red"
"Hit Me"

Visit:
Buy Soularium at Amazon.com
Center Stage article on Sister Soleil

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SISTER Soliel 4ever!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Listening to these sure brings back some old memories...

I'm glad you posted these.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is totally my soundtrack for college...yours too! Remember all those mix tapes we used to exchange? TAPES! Good grief. We didn't even have CD burners back then. LOL.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Saturday, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Thursday, August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home