Sunday, May 21, 2006

Because I'm too embarassed to put this in my music blog....CD Purchases

What ever happened to good records stores eh? Yeah, yeah...the internet is great, but I miss the fun of browsing through a music store, the clatter of CDs as you madly flip through the stacks and the excitement of ripping open the cellophane. Downloading music is quicker and cheaper, I know. But, I miss listening to an album on the player while reading the liner notes and admiring the CD art. Surely people know that the compressed mp3 file format is inferior in aural quality compared to an actual CD. I guess with pop and most rock, it's not an issue since the layers aren't as dense. I also don't really expect people to listen to an entire symphony while jogging with their ipod nano, so all is well. For the record though, the last movement of Mahler's Resurrection is great exercise music. Same goes for Rachmaninov's Flight of the Bumblebee. Anyhow, I bought these CDs today:





Oh man. These are a couple of attractive men. I mean the music is good, but jesus. For the record, Joshua Bell has been on People Magazine's 50 most beautiful list, so it just ain't me.

T: Don't you have most of the songs on that Joshua Bell cd?
Me: Well, I don't want to leave empty handed...
T: And you've got the complete works of Chopin!
Me: Different interpretations, ya know. How do I know that Mr. Li isn't a better performer? Besides, look at the album art.
T: I sense an eye candy issue here.
Me: Um....I'm not denying that at all.

The funny thing is that there's a 16 year age difference between these two (and these are recent pictures too). Bell's 40. Li is 24.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

so pretty.

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

I know. Why can't Trent look like Bell at age 40?

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger sarah said...

heh. perhaps because many years of drug use and being unnecesarily angry cause the prettiness to disappear.

Monday, May 22, 2006  
Blogger cchang said...

The unnecisarily (gosh, that word looks funny to me) angry part made me laugh. Course, people claim he wouldn't have been able to write good music if it was all fluffy bunny rabbits and rainbows.

Monday, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home